Saturday, September 29, 2007

the truth about human interactions

"No one feels another's grief, no one understands another's joy. People imagine that they can reach one another. In reality they only pass each other by."
-[Franz Schubert]

things happen..we think otherwise..we try to build up faith, try to believe others with the consequence that we again get back to this realization..nothing can be truer!!
how should one define relationships?is it always a quest for 'greener pastures' or 'better options'??are we always loved or cared for only because of our achievements & positive traits??are my qualities more important to people than what I am as a human being??but then, my shortcomings, my flaws, my failures are as much a part of me as the good things about myself!!..then why is it that only the bright side of a person be accepted by the world???..if someone thinks nicely of me for the things I 'represent' rather than for wot I AM, then do I not fade out from their minds in due course of time? because they never appreciated ME in the very first place & the moment they come across another person reflecting my 'good' qualities in a brighter light, I become a lie!!..what a strange world!!! but then, guess that's how things work out here-in every interaction (well almost every, save our relations with our parents maybe!) it is not WE as unique individuals that are accepted by the world-our 'persona' becomes truer than the 'person' that we truly are...

4 comments:

Mainly Drivel.. said...

Hmm....thats pretty 'noir' set of thoughts...reflective to the 'e'...

a big yawn said...

You know what .. how ever crude it may sound, but i am sure you have read Adam Smith.. SELF INTEREST. everything a person does is for self interest.. the interest might not be a material in nature, might be emotional and non-tangible yet would remain a self interest,
Every thing a person does is for utility. even if i sacrifice some thing i get utilty from that ..as it makes me feel good about myself, does it not. Similarly when some body likes you
its utility.. Trust me as long you think this way, you will feel less pain in the long and in short run.
And secondly everu one carries a facade, it important for to carry the right facade, and read the right facade,
I know it would sound very heartless and crude..
People fade away from some bodies life because, he can now derive the same utility at a lower budget constraint. Its for our facade , to make this somebody believe our utility is more.. So that oppertunity costs involved in making the shift is very high
And no points for guessing what my education is .. phew
I always told ppl read life as economics.. its much more simple

the firefly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the firefly said...

@ a big yawn
brilliant piece of comment buddy..u r right, to say the least..and tell u wot, since i understand a bit of the subject the explanation was all the more enjoyable for moi..a lesson worth learning!!!thanks :) !!